GOALS FOR 2016
- CMSRN credential
- This goal remains on the backburner with no progress to report at this time.
- Pay off at least $20,000 of debt.
- Paid off $1,508 this month! Year-to-date debt payments stand at $11,376, meaning we are at 57% of our $20k goal for 2016. Things continue to go well in this category, as we remain on pace to surpass this goal. Also, our net worth this month saw another increase to $7,641. Damn…I ain’t retired yet…lol!
- Weight loss:
weigh 200 pounds by the end of February (complete) and 185 pounds by the end of April– monitoring with weekly weigh-ins
- Mission accomplished last month and I’m holding steady at 185 pounds with a 35 inch waist. I’m happy with these numbers but still have some abdominal fat tissue I would like to see melt away. Without some cardio, though, I don’t foresee that happening anytime soon. No biggie though. 🙂
- Increased meal planning with eMeals
- Terrible! We continue to eat much healthier than in the past but have seriously gone astray when it comes to planning our meals beyond a day or two.
- Month-to-month junk food buying ban
- Zero change here; the ban continues!!!
- Decreased soda : $24 = 3 cases/month
- I know soda is a waste of money when there is perfectly delicious, not to mention FREE, tap water available. I do drink a lot of water, as well, but I really just enjoy my sodas. I swear there’s something addictive in it…besides the caffeine…I get enough of that with my coffee.
Using our treadmill for at least 20 minutes per day when I am off work
- We actually sold some pieces of furniture at the beginning of May and, when the guy showed up to pick up the stuff, we parted ways with the coat rack…uh, treadmill…as well. 🙂
- Improved planning and crop yield from the garden
- Our garden survived the blanket of snow we received and is going strong. I hilled the potatoes for the first time this past week and am seriously looking forward to some yummy Yukon Golds coming our way. We’ve eaten THREE delicious strawberries thus far and are working on keeping the friggin’ birds from eating the rest! Otherwise, the beans and corn have sprouted, our lilies are budding like crazy, and we should have the first of thirteen currently budding roses opening in the next day or two.
- Read a minimum of 5 books in 2016
- This month, I finished book number 3 and am now reading Man’s Search for Meaning by Victor Frankl, a Holocaust survivor and psychiatrist who wrote this book to not only chronicle his experiences in the concentration camps, but to discuss the mental stages that prisoners go through, adapting to the environment and experiences within the camps. It’s a relatively short book of about 150 pages, of which I am about a third of the way through. Quite a fascinating read thus far; you should definitely check it out. Also, another incredible book in this same category, which I read several years ago, is Night by Elie Wiesel.
- Increased personal time and appreciation for my wonderful and loving wife, who is the greatest momma I could ever hope to have for our amazing son.
- As per the usual, things were rather hectic in May; however, this past week, Cheyenne and I were able to watch a couple movies once we got our kiddo to bed. One was Deadpool and, while it is in no way family friendly, it is insanely hilarious. The other was Grandma, starring Lily Tomlin; while it wasn’t as great as I hoped, it was nice enough and Tomlin was funny. Also, if you haven’t already, you should check her out in Grace & Frankie on Netflix…she’s hilarious in that show. One other show we are now working on is Sex, Drugs, & Rock n’ Roll on Hulu, created by and starring Denis Leary. We’ve only watched a few episodes, but it has a really good story line thus far and the music is excellent.
Thank you for stopping by; I’ve been absent from the online PF community for the past few weeks due to an unexpected trip back home to Illinois. More information on that in an upcoming post.
If you’re not yet following along, we would love for you to join us on our journey to financial independence, with all the craziness that is our life in the meantime. Please follow along through WordPress or sign up to receive updates via e-mail. Thank you, again, and have an amazing day!
– Nurse on Fire